On Wednesday, October 24th, 2018 the Full Moon is in Taurus. Taurus is the bull and while people often think of bulls as charging they are also known for grounded and contented energy at times.
This duality shows up in the Medicine Woman Deck as the Peacemaker card and asks you to:
Let go of your need for conflict with certain people in your life.
Did someone just pop into your head?
Over the next few days, think about the people you tend to butt heads with and ask for guidance (possibly from a Bull animal guide) on how you can let go of the need to do so. So often it is our own egos holding us back and putting us into cyclical situations.
Tap into the energy of the Peacemaker and the grounded and contented Bull.
If there are certain practices in your life, such as meditation or waiting before you respond to emails or texts, that help you better embrace these qualities then now is the time make them habits.
For those of you that enjoy fire rituals, consider writing the name of the person or person that you tend to conflict with the most on a piece of paper. Then say:
“I release the need for conflict with this person.”
and drop it into the fire.
Always be safe when working with fire.
For added support have amethyst and/or fluorite on your altar, workspace, or home.
>>> Take a moment now to take 3 deep breaths. Enjoy the energy of this message!
Decks Used >>> Animal Guide Deck by me (available in the Animal Guide Meditation & Painting workshop) and Medicine Woman Deck by Carol Bridges
Ooh! One of my favorite things to do on the Full Moon is to set time aside for ritual.
Sometimes I do this with a group at a Full Moon Yoga class or sometimes by myself under the light of the moon, or sometimes a special moment with my family, or online creating a meditation for others.
It is so easy to get carried away with life and forget to take a moment to slow down, express gratitude, reflect on your New Moon intention, and/or simply enjoy the present moment.
The Full Moon allows you to take this time.
Here is a simple Full Moon Ritual that you can customize and make your own:
Just Me & the Moon (no supplies needed):
- This can be done outside or inside.
- Find a place to sit comfortably with a straight spine. If you don’t think you will fall asleep, you can also lie down.
- Take at least 3 deep breaths in and out of your nose. Or set a timer and breathe deeply for 1 minute. Then allow the breath to relax.
- If the sky is clear, take some time to gaze at the full moon. If not or the moon has not risen yet, simply close your eyes and imagine a full moon above you.
- Express thanks for being here right now. Express thanks for anything else you are feeling grateful for.
- Close your eyes.
- Imagine the light on the moon coming down into the crown of your head. Imagine that silvery, cool energy moving down your face, over your shoulders, arms, chest, back, belly, hips, and down both legs.
- As the light moves through your body, imagine tight areas relaxing, dark areas being healed, and blocked areas being opened.
- Imagine that the light surrounds your body too. Bask in this light.
- You might like to set a timer, play music, or stay as long as you want.
- When you are ready, begin to deepen your breath again. Bring your awareness back to your body.
- Notice how you feel. If any feelings, ideas, or thoughts came up, then take a moment to jot them down.
- Thank yourself for taking this time. Thank the moon for her healing energy.
- Know that you can move forward with grace and ease because you took this time for yourself.
If you are Manifesting with the Moon and using my free workbook, then be sure to write Moon Visualization or something else that describes your ritual under the Full Moon Ritual section of your worksheet.
How to customize:
- You can visualize a specific color coming from the moon or notice if a different one shows up in your visualization. Look up the healing properties of that color. (Join The Dreamcatcher Circle for more Color Magic!)
- If you need some physical healing, allow yourself to have the moonlight focus on a particular area. Imagine that is bringing healing energy to that area.
- If you need to release a negative habit or memory, imagine the moonlight going into a dark area and shining a healthy light there. Giving you the feeling that you no longer have to hide behind that habit or hide from that memory.
Any of these customizations can be taken deeper.
You might like to ask out loud or in your head to be shown the next steps to take. Trust that by taking this time for yourself tonight that you have raised your vibration to match the healing or opportunities you desire to come to you.
The first part of this is super simple because I believe it is important for you not to get caught up in supplies, astrological signs, a beautiful Instagram shot. While I enjoy these things myself, the whole point of following the moon is to slow down.
When you slow down, your body and mind have a chance to catch up and blend everything together.
So I hope you take the time to sit under the moon and allow her silvery light to connect you with the real you.
Mother’s Day is on Sunday and I know that this means a lot of different things to different people. My mom is alive and I will be celebrating with her in the morning with brunch.
My mom’s mom (shown above) passed away long before I was born. Her name was Madeline. During my tarot training, she showed up in some of my meditations and visualizations. Because of this, I decided to create a closer relationship with her.
I talked to my mom about this a bit and she told me that I would have called her Nana. I now ask her for guidance on a regular basis.
Now when I tune in and pray, I ask God, Angels, Guides, Bear, Gloria (my name for my higher self), Nana Madeline, Wolf, and Owl to help me. (This has evolved. About 5 years ago, I started simply with Universe.)
I imagine her standing behind my right shoulder. I feel supportive and comforting energy coming from her.
On Sunday, I plan on making a point to spend some time with her by creating an altar and I thought you might like to do the same with a mother or mother-figure from your life.
Here are some ways you can create an ancestor altar and spend some intentional time with a loved one this weekend.
Create an Ancestor Altar for Mothers Day
Ahead of time
- Get a photo or photos to display.
- If you do not have a photo, find something that reminds you of this person.
- Gather candles – possibly in the colors and scents that the person loved.
- Pick or find out something that they loved eating or drinking and make sure you have it on hand. ie. Chamomile Tea, Lemon Cookies, Sangria.
- Designate a space for your altar.
- Put the photos or items on your altar.
- Light your candles.
- Ask the person or persons you are honoring to be with you.
- Close your eyes and imagine them there.
- Enjoy the food and/or drink that they loved. (If for any reason, you do not like or cannot consume what they loved then simply offer it to them.)
- Enjoy this time and this connection.
- You can ask if they have any messages for you. Listen and possibly write down any guidance you receive.
- Allow any part of the experience to become a sign or symbol of their presence in your life. i.e. The color pink, the scent of Gardenia, the food or drink that they loved.
- Thank them for their love and support.
- You can keep this altar up or create it again when needed.
- Either let the candles burn all the way down or save them for when you want to connect with this person again.
- If there is drink left over it might be nice to empty it outside on a plant or tree. If there is food leftover, then save it for later, share with someone else, or possibly compost, give to the family dog, or throw away with loving intention.
- You can do this on birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.
- Feel free to make it simpler or more elaborate depending on the amount of time, your mood, and desires.
If you create an ancestor altar, feel free to tag me @themoonandarrowlodge or use the hashtag #themoonandarrowlodge so I can check it out.
Happy Mothers Day!!!
p.s. Learning to work with your ancestors is part of The Dreamcatcher Circle membership!!!